New spec: Restarting ICE

From: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 16:40:55 -0400
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
Regarding updateIce():

void updateIce <http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#widl-PeerConnection-updateIce-void-IceServers-configuration-MediaConstraints-constraints-Boolean-restart-false>
(optional IceServers
<http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#idl-def-IceServers>
configuration,   optional MediaConstraints constraints,   optional
Boolean restart=false);

RFC 5245 makes it clear that an ICE restart is triggered by choosing a
new ICE ufrag/pwd combintation. Therefore, it seems logical to me that
an application should restart ICE by creating a new offer with a new
ufrag/pwd and installing it via setLocalDescription. This offer could
either be generated manually, by munging the ice-ufrag/pwd fields in
the output of createOffer, or by creating a new constraint/hint which
indicated that a new ufrag/pwd should be generated.

In other words, we get a calling sequence like:

createOffer(function(sdp) { setLocalDescription/sendOffer; }, null, {
"restartIce": true });  // restarts ICE and notifies remote side

instead of

updateIce(old_config, old_constraints, true);  // restarts ICE state machine
createOffer(function(sdp) { setLocalDescription/sendOffer; }, null,
null );  // notifies remote side that ICE is restarting

and the need for a restart function parameter to updateIce is removed.