Re: PeerConnection lifecycle/navigation/page reloads

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> I suspect that some people will try webworkers, so we should make sure
> the semantics of having a PC in a webworker are well-defined. I'm not
> knowledgeable enough about webworkers to know whether we need to do
> anything special to accomodate them.

Web workers don't have access to the DOM, so they can't keep a reference
to the PeerConnection object at all, and certainly won't keep it alive
across page reloads. Assuming you can even keep the worker alive. They
get closed once all their controlling Documents disappear.