Re: Data API

From: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:18:19 -0500
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 2/27/2012 12:59 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> On the topic of label collision ...
> For the apps I want to write, if both sides create something with same label name at same time, I want just one stream created with that label with no extra work for me as an app programer. If I wanted two different streams, I would have created int he labels in a way that did not collide.
>
> On setting per messages attributes such as reliable vs non reliable
> I like that API that Adam proposed where you can really on set attributes on a DataChannel and all the messages in the channel get that.

Oh, one more thing: if we use the "silently connect them" on glare, what
do we do when the dataChannel attributes for reliability/etc don't
match?  Generate a different error?  (The proposal for bidirectional was
to create the reverse channel with the same characteristics as the
forward channel.)

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org