JSEP-01: Associating ICE candidates with m- lines

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:56:08 +0100
To: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

Hi,

In jsep-01, an "m- line reference" has been added to the a=candidate attribute, in order for the browser to indicate for which m- line the attribute belongs to.

Q1: As, within a session, as new SDP offers may be sent (and, as least in theory I assume, new local candidates may be provided), I wonder whether it, in addition to the m- line reference, also would be useful to include an SDP version reference (found the SDP o- line)?

Q2: If BUNDLE is used, multiple m- lines may share the same candidates, so it should be possible to indicate that an a=candidate attribute belongs to multiple m- lines - AND/OR to indicate that it belongs to a given bundle group.

Regards,

Christer