Use of .iceState and .sdpState

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:41:42 +0100
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
Hi,

That question may become irrelevant if we adapt a JSEP-based proposal,
but I'm curious as to why the current PeerConnection interface exposes
iceState and sdpState — it's not obvious to me what use cases makes it
useful for the application to know state of the SDP and ICE agents to
that level (in the current approach).

I've found discussions on why the ICE agent and the SDP agent need to be
considered separately:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2011Sep/0081.html

But it's not clear to me that this requires exposing these agents on the
PeerConnection API at all; I've looked at the requirements document, but
I haven't found any requirements that would lead to exposing these.

Dom