Re: Fwd: Re: SCTP mapping to data channels

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 12:43:13 -0800
To: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
CC: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Randall Stewart <rrs@lakerest.net>
just my $0.02 off the cuff....

since the streams are naturally unidirectional, have no open, but do
have a reset, it seems to me like we should reflect that unless we have
a reason not to:

- SDP item (TBD) is used to say "we want a data channel", and the
initial max # of channels
- createDataChannel() grabs the first unused channel, adds more channels
if it needs to
- channels are unidirectional
- first packet (sequence #0) causes an onopen() event before the
ondata() event
- a reset causes an onclose() event

With this we should not need any signalling (leaving apps to use channel
0 specially if they want to), and will in practice have an infinite
number of channels.

when in doubt, keep it simple....

                Harald