Re: DataChannels API

* Randell Jesup wrote:
>The API, per the decisions at the Interim and mailing list is based
>closely on the WebSockets interface.  For example, you are supposed to
>wait for onopen to fire before calling send(), at both ends. (The
>low-level IETF protocol supports sending before onopen, but WebSockets
>doesn't.)  Currently I have no limit on send(DOMString); WebSockets
>limits DOMStrings to 123 characters.

The length limitation is in bytes, not characters, and only on .close
for reason phrases ("I am closing the connection because the computer
is going to reboot now"); the API does not allow you to queue messages
to be sent if and once a connection has been established, but that is
not different from the underlying protocol, the concept does not exist
at that level.