Re: Summary of API for ICE State Reporting

On Aug 27, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew.kaufman@skype.net> wrote:

> I note that the slide deck does not cover the alternative that is documented in Martin Thomson’s posting to the list (within the CU-RTCWEB document) , namely to not *have* an ICE state machine in the browser that needs its internals exposed in this way. I would suggest that if we are to devote any agenda time to discussing the alternative ways for handling issues that have come up with implementing ICE in the browser some of that time should be discussing that alternative.

Well right now the WG has decided that the ICE state machine is in the browser. It did discuss the topic a lot before making that decision. So I am sort of working on where the WG is now.

Now decision can be changed, and as you know, I think the WG should seriously discuss the CU-RTCWEB  proposal before deciding what to do with it. The current allocation of 25 minutes on the agenda is in my option not enough time to discuss it - I proposed something more like a few hours be spent on it including presentation on pros and cons.