Error handling description (Re: First agenda proposal webrtc telco)

On 08/27/2012 04:33 PM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps we should change this; instead have more frequent telcos with fewer
>> topic which we cover in depth. I would certainly be open for that if the WG
>> (and my co-chair) thinks it is a good idea. And it would be natural to focus
>> on covering the issues (in priority order) that block implementation in
>> those meetings.
> For my money, the best use of telcos is to resolve issues which aren't getting
> resolved on the list.
>
> My priorities may not match anyone else's but here are the things
> that I think are high priority (as in they are questions that are already
> holding up implementation):
>
> - A complete description of error handling. I.e., which functions throw
> exceptions, which have error callbacks. Do the functions which have
> error callbacks ever throw exceptions? What is the state of affairs
> after an error has occurred? Full disclosure: my position is that
> any given API call should have exactly one error reporting mechanism.

Eric, can you point to some API that describes its error handling
clearly enough that we can use it as a pattern?

This one's been bothering me for a while, in that I see the need, but
not how to answer it (or a volunteer to write a proposal).