Re: IdP API Text

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> Thank you, Eric!
>
> Quick questions (technicall contributor hat):
>
> - The RequestIdentity constraint does not state which call it's going to be
> used with. Where is it supposed to go? (If it's a constraint as the term is
> currently used in Media TF, does it give meaning to have it as an optional
> constraint? If not, can you make the text say that?)

The constraint should be used with CreateOffer and CreateAnswer.
The intent is supposed to be:

1. If you don't provide it or set "ifconfigured" you get the behavior
you mention below.
2. If you set it to "yes" or "no" you get the indicated behavior.

> - Is it true that if an identity provider is not provisioned in the UA, and
> the setIdentityProvider is not called by the application, self-asserted
> identities will be used for DTLS?

+ [And as long as you the constraint is either not provided or set to
"ifconfigured"]

> (This will make applications that, for one
> reason or another, don't care about identity continue to run).

Yes. More properly, you always send a=fingerprint but if identity is
being used, you also obtain and send an identity assertion. The idea
here is supposed to be that this is transparent to the site but the
site can exercise control if it wants to.

> - Is the special "rtcweb:" URI scheme gone, or has that interaction been
> delegated to another document?

It's still there. See the last graf of "Peer-Connection/IdP Communications".
Note that I need to change the last sentence to match up to what I said
in YVR about checking it on the RP side.

-Ekr