RE: MediaStreamTrack disabling - effect on downstream MediaStreams?

On 2011-09-15 20:12, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) wrote:
> Your suggestion seems very powerful but possibly more powerful than
> needed. What kind of use cases do you have in mind for this? I
> personally like the clear relationship between parent and child.

It's powerful but at the same time simple since there are no
enable/disable side-effects in other MediaStreams.

One use case is described in the example code (combinedStream).
Described in words, Alice is having a video conversation with Bob and
wants record the entire audio conversation to a file. This can be
supported by the application by simply creating a new MediaStream with
the audio track from her local MediaStream and the audio track from the
remote MediaStream she receives from Bob, and calling record on it. The
result is a single file with the entire conversation.

BR
Adam