Re: PeerConnection Data Channel

On 09/07/11 14:20, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> thanks for a quick response.
>
> I think our different views somewhat comes from that I tend to view
> the data channel as "a peer-to-peer" version of WebSocket, while (I
> think) you view it more as another stream, this one just has no audio
> or video.
Hmmm....
if we want to treat data as "just another stream" (something I'm not
sure we want), at what point does it make sense to regard a data stream
as a track inside a MediaStream, and not a stream?

If MediaStream = CNAME and track = SSRC for media, the fit might be
uncomfortable, since we need to carry something similar in whatever
encoding we use for the data.

This is not a proposal I'm advocating, it's an idea I toss out.