Re: [rtcweb] SDP Offer/Answer draft-jennings-rtcweb-signaling - Scope

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:02:21 -0700
Cc: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>, Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>, Jonathan Rosenberg <jonathan.rosenberg@skype.net>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>

On Oct 18, 2011, at 3:18 , Christer Holmberg wrote:

> So, while I support and offer/answer based approach, I think we need to get a clearer understanding of the scope.

My view is this is draft is a set of semantics and syntax that operates over an abstract transport protocol. In most cases the transport with be web sockets or HTTP based. If this looks like a reasonable protocol, it would be likely to influence the W3C API. I'm not really sure how to clear up the scope. I'm just not sure what the scope is I need to clear up.