CHANGE: Drop mention of "WEBRTC effort" in Abstract, add ref to RTCWEB group (was: Re: Update 20111017 to Editor draft)

Hi Adam, everyone,

On 10/17/2011 06:42 PM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> The editor team put up a new version of the editor draft at
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc-20111017.html

Thanks. Note a minor typo: in the header section, there is a missing "</a>" at the end of the link to the previous version that makes the link span over the list of editors.

> Changes:
[...]
> * Added abstract.

The term "WEBRTC effort" is undefined. I take it to mean the combination of WebRTC and RTCWEB groups, but this is not self-evident. Harald defines the "RTCWEB/WEBRTC effort" in section 2.2 of the Overview draft:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-02#section-2.2
... but the abstract should read without requiring external reading.

I propose two editorial changes to clarify:

1. I think the abstract is more to describe the specification than the underlying effort in any case, so I propose to drop the first sentence, and reformulate a bit the second sentence as:
"This document defines a set of APIs that allow local media, including audio and video, to be requested from a platform, media to be sent over the network to another browser or device implementing the appropriate set of real-time protocols, and media received from another browser or device to be processed and displayed locally."

2. I would then make an explicit reference to the IETF RTCWEB group at the end of the "Introduction" section with something like:
"This specification is being developed in conjunction with a protocol specification developed by the IETF RTCWEB group [RTCWEB]."

I think the abstract should be updated before publication as first public working draft because that's the first (and sometimes only!) thing people will see.

Thanks,
Francois.