Re: CHANGE: Provide JSONHints interface for media streams

On 10/06/2011 02:47 PM, Stefan Håkansson wrote:
> This sounds like a good idea. But would not the natural time to add
> "hints" be at getUserMedia time?
If media comes from a file, or from another PeerConnection, from a
Canvas object, from an audio effects generator, or from anywhere else
that is not a getUserMedia response, getUserMedia is never called in
relation to that stream.

I think we need hints for those cases too. If there are hints that only
make sense in the context of an user's microphone and camera, those will
probably belong on getUserMedia. But I don't think all of them do.