Re: Where to attach a DTMF API

From: Timothy B. Terriberry <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 02:23:57 -0800
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
>> How should we handle these cases? Can we create a null audio track using
>> the current API?
> How would you do it for a legacy client? My understanding was that
> RFC4733 required and existing (audio) RTP stream (identified by SSRC) to
> insert its DTMF payloads into.

I think the question is simply whether or not we can create such an RTP
stream without acquiring a MediaStream via getUserMedia(). roc's
MediaStream Processing API certainly provides a way to do this. Chris
Rogers' Web Audio API doesn't seem to provide MediaStream objects that I
can tell, but I assume that's something that could be fixed.