Re: Requirements

On 07/12/2011 06:27 PM, cbran wrote:
> Thanks for sending this Stefan.
>
> After reviewing the document, it appears that there are no
> requirements around sending DTMFs.  I would propose that we add the
> following requirements to the requirements list:
>
> The User Agent /must/ provide capabilities to send and receive DTMFs.
> The Web Application /must/ be able to send and receive DTMFs.
Cary,

in the interest of getting clear requirements:
do you mean that the User Agent MUST create a special event when DTMF
tones occur in the media stream, or do you mean that the User Agent MUST
create a special event when DTMF is signalled by a non-media mechanism,
such as the multiple SIP mechanisms?

I'm eager to know if this requirement means that browsers have to
implement an audio DTMF detector or not. Generation should be
straightforward enough.