Spec question - multiple video tracks in a MediaStream?

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:34:56 +0200
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
This came up on my team while implementing, and I'm posting it so we do
not forget:

If there are multiple video tracks active in a MediaStream, how should
we connect them to <video> tags?

At the moment, the connection goes via URLs, and the URL is a function
of the MediaStream, not of a track in the MediaStream. And I don't think
<video> has a defined behaviour for playing multiple video tracks at once.

Possible solutions:

- Declare that there can be at most one video track active in a
MediaStream (this was true at one point)
- Give the URL-generating function an optional parameter for the track
index (defaulting to first video)
- Feed the URL-generating function a track instead of a MediaStream
- Just leave this behaviour undefined?

I don't like the last one.

                   Harald