Re: Changing editors draft workflow

Le 06/10/2017 à 22:58, Bernard Aboba a écrit :
> To clarify, this would mean that for webrtc-pc (the only document not yet at CR) there would be an editors' draft for each commit to master, right?  But that would end once the document is published as a CR?
>
> [BA] How would change logs work?

Good question; I think our options are:
A. making the last step before a merge (or while doing the merge) that
editors add a matching line to the changelog
B. requiring them in pull requests, with a new format convention since
we would be moving away from specific date release; hopefully that
convention would avoid conflicts on merge (but I'm not too sure how)
C. removing changelogs from the document
D. having them updated at a different pace from editors draft (e.g.
weekly? biweekly?)
E. having them autogenerated from the commit logs (which would probably
require some convention for the commit messages)
F. having them maintained into a separate document

I would start with D while we figure out which of the others would
otherwise work better.

Dom