Re: Agenda, September 29 2016

Den 29. sep. 2016 13:26, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> It's post-TPAC week.
>
> Stefan and I don't have a summary of decisions yet, and when we have
> published it, we have to wait for a week before they are regarded as
> final, so anything decided at TPAC probably needs to wait for next week
> (unless we concluded it's editorial).
>
> Thanks to the dilligent efforts of Cullen and others, we ended up with
> more bugs open after the meeting than before the meeting, but a lot of
> these are editorial in nature.
>

> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #395 Mark the Implementation Suggestions as non-normative. ()
> Waiting for review for normative statements. Assign to Dan?

Assigned to dan.

> #399 Editorial: Unroll add and remove track steps ()

> Are these functions called from webrtc-pc? If not, merge?

Adam will merge after fixing language comment.
These are not called from webrtc-pc (Adam will doublecheck).

> #401 Define indicator states. ()
> This seems to need post-TPAC list review.

Dan will shepherd this on behalf of the editors.
He's in the middle of writing up "what does the UA do with this".

> Issues
> ------
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and con (burnburn)
> #380 Remove redundant list-devices permission. ()
> #384 Should we use [EnforceRange] on min/max in constraints? (adam-be)
> #385 ConstrainLong only concern positive values (adam-be)

Adam has talked to Annevk on Friday - if Adam wants to make a PR, that's
appreciated.
Is it worth it?

> #386 What does "getSettings" return? (alvestrand)

> #387 Reinstate strong language on permission ending when tracks  (stefhak)

Part of the permissions cluster

> #388 Wording concern about the text describing the add track and (adam-be)

Addressed by #399 (hopefully).

> #389 Camera light and "disabled" tracks ()

Part of the permissions cluster

> #390 Clearly mark the "Implementation Suggestions" section as no (burnburn)
>
> We need to assign someone to the next ones.
>
> #391 Add a mechanism to inform a video track about its type of c ()
> This is a Google ask. An attribute may be more natural than a constraint.

Assigned to Stefan for follow-up. Pinged MS and Moz for comments.

> #394 Browser's ability to dynamically change settings mistakenly ()

Assigned to Dan.

> #396 Explanation of "advanced" constraint sets is confusing (burnburn)
> #400 Add text to extensibility for consumer of MST ()
> Dan or Adam?

Assigned to Dan.

> #402 Allow ondevicechange to be fired before permission is grant ()
> This is revisiting #333. Switching to Dom's timing-fudge proposal in
> #333 seems popular (and not likely to be very controversial). Assignee?

Assigned to Adam for follow-up.

> #403 Polling enumerateDevices potentially being a fingerprint. ()
> Sub-topic of #402. Same assignee?

Assigned to Adam too.

> #404 Revive createObjectURL? ()

Assigned to Stefan for saying "the WG decided, after discussion...."

#405 rename from "constraint" to "constraintName" in error?

None of us remember discussing changing the name.
Assigned to Stefan.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
> Waiting for Fluffy to respond to stefan. Additional reviewers?
>
> #757 Support ufrag in IceCandidate and end of IceCandidate indic (fluffy)
> Is this OBE or not? Added pthatcher to the assignees list.
>
> #776 Support for OAuth in TURN credentials (Issue 714 patch) ()
> Still waiting.
>
> #784 interToneGap and duration fixes ()
> Pedantry: What's the value before insertDTMF is called? Do we say?

Bernard and Adam have talked after the meeting about removing the
attributes - they're really confusing. But this discussion needs to be
in a separate issue.

Bernard will add an issue, and this PR will wait for that issue to resolve.

> #786 How an RTCRtpSender should treat an ended (or muted) track ()
> LGTM

TPAC came to somewhat different conclusion.

> #792 Capture media config bundle in sync part of createOffer/Ans ()
> TPAC discussion outcome needed.

TPAC said "not this way". Closing.

> #794 Tweak wording on insertDTMF referring to argument ()
> LGTM

Needs rebase. Assigned to Bernard for followup.

> #796 facingMode et al are non-nullable and cannot "return null". ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #797 Remove clearing negotiation-needed flag when firing corresp ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #804 Various small editorial changes. ()
> with suggested fixes.

Needs travis fix + editorial comment.

> #805 insertDTMF maximum duration ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #815 Connection state sync ()
> LGTM

Merged.

> #818 Gathering state cleanup ()
> Attribute name bikeshedding needs to complete. TPAC decision?

Needs some revving.

> #819 Trickle ufrag in ICE candidate events ()
> Related to #757 - this is the end-of-candidates marker proposal. TPAC
> decision?

Needs more discussion.

> #820 createOffer/Answer: collect changes to media cofig in queue ()
> TPAC decision? Need review.

Discussion ongoing.

> #832 Webrtc NV Initial Work ()
> Not sure how to treat this. Nice to see he thinks it could be this small :-)

Stefan will advise Peter on next steps.

> #833 Update references to JSEP 16 ()
> LGTM

Merged

> #835 Link to definition of negotiation-needed flag ()
> Conflict with #797

> #837 Have insertDTMF validate set attributes before it can retur ()
> LGTM

Merged

> #838 insertDTMF input validation steps ()
> LGTM

Closed, probably a dup

> #840 Remove reference to IANA registry for Statistics ()
> LGTM

Merged.

This was how far we got in one hour.