Notes, October 27

Present: Stefan, Harald, Bernard, Adam

On 10/27/2016 12:12 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> This week's agenda:
>
> - Editors
Dan has limited time the next few weeks. Adam is out until February.
No suggestions for action.

> - Items that should be on the agenda for the next virtual interim
> (doodle's out)
- End-of-candidates per M-line (#811)
- OAUTH in ICE credentials (#714) - misi, justin
- Error handling: "In what scenario is additional information useful?" -
and can we do an error attribute in the PC instead of in the event as an
interim measure? (#822 to #830)
- NegotiationNeeded updates? (#803)
- Rollback (#859)

Bernard will start a slideset.

Not added.
We're hoping to have the "createOffer sequence" stuff patched in before
the interim (PR #782, #806)
AllowUnverifiedMedia (#849) is earlier rejected. Why again?

> - The usual
>
> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #395 Mark the Implementation Suggestions as non-normative. (burnburn)
>
> Dan, status of review?
>
> #411 Add User Experience requirements section describing permiss (jan-ivar)
>
> Need addressing of Jan-Ivar's comments. Apart from that, it looks
> reasonable to me.
>
> #412 resubmit to resolve conflicts in PR #407 ()
>
> This is about the devicechange event (I renamed the PR). I don't think
> it's quite ready.

Merging. Harald will raise separate issues on outstanding items. (#413,
#414)

> Issues
> ------
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and con (burnburn)
> #380 Define restrictions on device-info permission. (alvestrand)
> #384 Should we use [EnforceRange] on min/max in constraints? (adam-be)
We can have EnforceRange in min...max, but not in unions. That's a
consistency issue.
Let's enforce range where we can and put a note in about the problem.

> #385 ConstrainLong only concern positive values (adam-be)
> #386 What does "getSettings" return? (alvestrand)
> #387 Reinstate strong language on permission ending when tracks  (stefhak)
Close when #411 is merged.
> #389 Camera light and "disabled" tracks ()
Close when #411 is merged.

> #390 Clearly mark the "Implementation Suggestions" section as no (burnburn)
> #394 Browser's ability to dynamically change settings mistakenly (burnburn)
> #396 Explanation of "advanced" constraint sets is confusing (burnburn)
> #400 Add text to extensibility for consumer of MST (burnburn)
> #402 Allow ondevicechange to be fired before permission is grant (adam-be)
May be covered by #412 (but questions). Adam will take a look.
> #403 Polling enumerateDevices potentially being a fingerprint. (adam-be)
May be covered by #412. Adam will look.
> #404 Revive createObjectURL? (stefhak) - icebox
> #408 Remove unions in MediaTrackCapabilities ()
Seems like a good idea. Assigned to Jan-Ivar.
> #409 Clarify behavior of using unrelated constraints (alvestrand)
Submitter action needed (reply to chair-hat comment).

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
>
> Still awaiting response on Sept 27 review of Sept 23 changes
>
> #757 Support ufrag in IceCandidate and end of IceCandidate indic (fluffy)
>
> No pthatcherg response. Overlaps with #819.
>
> #776 Support for OAuth in TURN credentials (Issue 714 patch) ()
>
> Still not sure if we want to do this one or the (credential string or
> dictionary) approach. This is simpler (for now). Discuss.
Interim topic

> #818 Gathering state cleanup (aboba)

Rebased as #882. Closed.

> #819 Trickle ufrag in ICE candidate events ()
>
> Overlaps with #757.
>
> #850 Add Error Handling - Ready for review but prob not done yet (aboba)
>
> Some TODOs in the error detail description. I added some comments.
Outstanding actions - Adam should contact script-coord.

> #861 What setConfiguration changes ()
>
> Ready?
Merged.

> #872 Pass peer identity to IdP (stefhak)
>
> Merge?
Merged.

> #873 Tidy ()
>
> This is a reminder that we haven't done this for a while.
>
> #875 Rewrite the createOffer algorithm to eliminate race conditi (jan-ivar)
>
> Ready? (would be a relief!)
Merged.

> #880 Cleanup the definition of expires, use IDL ()
Merged.

> Ready? (foolip is still trying to get crypto to explain itself, and not
> succeeding)
>
> #882 Gathering state cleanup ()
>
> Ready?
Merged.

> #884 Update JSEP reference for receipt of multiple RTP encodings ()
>
> Nitfix.
Merged.

> [...]
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiat (burnburn)
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams in
> (alvestrand)
> #678 Support assertions that identify the recipient (martinthomson)
> #685 Update JSEP reference for receipt of multiple RTP encodings (aboba)
> #687 Clarify reasoning behind and mitigation of privacy issues ( (stefhak)
> #688 Indicators of usage and data flow (PING review) (stefhak)
> #690 Information available prior to permission prompt (PING revi (stefhak)
> #705 Missing sender identifier attribute (msid) (stefhak)
> #709 offerToReceiveAudio/offerToReceiveVideo remain in implement (adam-be)
> #714 STUN/TURN OAuth token auth parameter passing (aboba)
> #723 Need JSEP reference for end-of-candidates indication (burnburn)
> #726 Add a ufrag attribute to the RTCIceCandidate structure to i (aboba)
> #729 RTCStats timestamp source ambiguous (alvestrand)
> #746 Need to specify what happens if `createDataChannel` is call (adam-be)
> #760 Figure out backward-compatible way to indicate ufrag+mid on (adam-be)
> #763 Handling of simulcast errors (aboba)
> #782 pc.createOffer(); pc.addTrack(track); should not include tr (taylor-b)
> #787 Integrate RTCRtpTransceiver into set local/remote steps ()
> #788 Clean up remaining uses of 'set of receivers' ()
> #795 Specify when a data channel's ID is assigned, and what the  ()
> #801 Description of User Agent/ICE Agent interactions in section ()
> #803 Rules for negotiation-needed flag need to be updated for tr ()
> #806 Need symmetry to #782 for createAnswer ()
> #808 Can the ICE gathering state go from completed to gathering  ()
> #811 Trickled candidates may be added to the wrong session descr ()
> #812 RTCIceGatheringState definition ()
> #814 What does setConfiguration change or not change? ()
> #822 Need IDP Load Error ()
> #823 Need IDP Script Error  ()
> #825 Need IDP Invalid Token  ()
> #826 Need IDP Expired Token error  ()
> #827 Need IDP Code failed ()
> #828 Need IDP TImeOut error  ()
> #829 Need Fingerprint mismatch error  ()
> #830 Need Custom Error for IdP  ()
> #831 Define how long should the IdP timeout timer should be  (martinthomson)
> #842 Define JSEP terms like "bundle" and "bundle-policy" in term (burnburn)
> #845 "Throw a FooError" steps not written in a consistent manner (adam-be)
> #849 Specify an AllowUnverifiedMedia RTCConfiguration property  (alvestrand)
> #857 The RTCPeerConnectionIceErrorEvent constructor should have  (adam-be)
> #859 Need steps for rollbacks removing a transceiver. (taylor-b)
> #876 How to properly manage TrackEvent or provide the current Ad (stefhak)
> #878 What happens when transceiver.stop() is called? (aboba)
> #879 Clarify the processing of expires setting in generateCertif ()
> #881 Align getAlgorithm return value with Web Crypto ()
> #885 Should empty (not omitted) username or credential throw in  ()

The bug list was cleaned of a few completed items.