Notes, May 26 2016

On 05/26/2016 03:45 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> We expect Eric to be busy and Dan to be occupied with other things, I think.

They were.

Slides for tomorrow: Coming together

> Mediacapture-main:
> ============
> PRs: NONE
>
> Issues:
>
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. (alvestrand)
> No progress
>
> #353 IFrame access control makes problems for [CEReactions] intr (adam-be)
> Need to make a PR to take this out of the "living" version of
> mediacapture. Adam, can you verify
> that there is no technical change we would notice?
Adam will look.

> #359 MUST clear requirement for deviceId (aboba)
> Testing shows depressing results - seed seems to not be cleared when it
> should.
Testing on Edge wanted. Not clear that anyone supports Martin.

> #360 Specify relation between return from getConstraints and con ()
Assigned to Stefan. Dan will probably want to look.
> #361 Example image text is hard to read ()
Assigned to Adam.

> WebRTC-PC
> =======
> PRs:
>
> #595 Fix rtcpTransport description ()
Updated, but still not clear if it says the right thing. Bernard to
follow up.
> #601 Specify the synchronous and queued steps for addIceCandidat (adam-be)
Not updated. Adam will start over.
> #624 Upscale allowed (fluffy)
Still waiting for fluffy to respond
> #646 Table of RTCRtpEncodingParameters for RtpSender/RtpReceiver
> (pthatcherg)
Bernard to wave it at the interim.
> #647 Clarification on 'apt' parameter ()
> #648 mimeType clarification ()
> #649 "Hold" unspecified ()
Bernard will untabify and then merge.

> #662 Effect of RTCRtpReceiver.track.stop() ()
> #663 Allocate a 7XX STUN error code, ()
merged.
> #665 Clarify when setDirection() acts ()
Merged.
> #666 transports can be null (taylor-b)
> #668 ICE Transport State Diagram ()
Assigned to Taylor.

> Issues:
>
> New ones since last week start at #661.
>
> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
Will close when #649 is merged.
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the use
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant i
> (alvestrand)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
The PR for webrtc-stats has been rebased. Stats editors will check.
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)
> #369 addTrack's streams parameter is unused. (adam-be)
Can be clarified - Adam will take it up.
It's currently used to generate MSIDs. Would be caught up in specifying
addTrack in terms of addTransceiver.
> #457 Non-normative ICE state transition diagram (taylor-b)
Under control
> #518 PING review of webrtc-pc spec (stefhak)
Waiting for PING to respond to ping.
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #548 RTX/RED/FEC handling (aboba)
> #550 'the process to apply candidate' should link to JSEP (adam-be)
Adam will file an issue on JSEP and follow up.
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
Adam will take action.
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
Editorial, sort of.
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #562 What to do with an RTCIdentityProvider that returns rubbish
> (martinthomson)
> #563 Undefined 'transceiver' object used in 'dispatch a receiver
> (pthatcherg)
We seem to be OK on the text. ontransceiver is a new idea.
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we h (burnburn)
Dan is working on this.
> #568 Should we specify how addStream()/"addstream event" should  (aboba)
> #571 Mechanisms for populating the contents of RTCRtpSender/Rece (taylor-b)
> #578 Need to specify precisely when MID generation happens (adam-be)
> #579 Congruenting about "The negotiation-needed flag is cleared  (adam-be)
> #583 Is it OK to call addTransceiver() with a track already adde (stefhak)

> #585 Unclear if RTCRtpTransceiver.stop() acts right away or requ (taylor-b)
> #597 Calling RTCRtpReceiver.track.stop() (aboba)
> #600 Operations queue: What is run synchronously before the oper (adam-be)
Adam's ops queue Big Issue.
> #632 How local peer learns of transceiver.stop() on remote peer (aboba)
> #638 Allocate a 7XX STUN error code with IANA (aboba)
Closed
> #644 Fob on RTPSender to turn on and off sending CN / DTX  (aboba)
Bernard will make a proposal.
> #645 public negotiation-needed flag as readonly (adam-be)
Adam will respond (negatively - use case not clear).
> #650 mimeType Clarification (aboba)
> #651 addTransceiver/addTrack: need to be async? (aboba)
> #652 RTCIceCandidate description contains some junk characters (burnburn)
> #653 Align RTCIceTransportPolicy name and links with JSEP ICE ca (burnburn)
> #654 Need JSEP reference for general RTCPeerConnection descripti (burnburn)
> #655 Update JSEP reference to 5.8 (burnburn)
> #656 Update JSEP reference to canTrickleIceCandidates (burnburn)
> #657 Update JSEP reference to provisional answers (burnburn)
> #658 Link addIceCandidate to JSEP for applying ICE candidate (burnburn)
> #660 Update JSEP reference to rollback (burnburn)
> #661 Add informative table of all things that can cause negotiat ()
> #664 Unclear when setDirection() acts ()
> #667 RTCPeerConnection.addTransceiver:  add streams arg ()
> #669 Missing destruction sequence for ice agent. ()
> #670 RTCPeerConnection: add methods to get local and remote Medi ()
> #671 Processing remote MediaStreamTracks without MediaStreams in ()
> #672 RTCStatsType names need explicit mapping to dictionary type ()
> #673 Should there be a version marker in the stats interface? ()

We went through the whole list in the alotted hour (yay!) - see
individual bugs for issues.

661, 667, 674 are still looking for a volunteer.