Notes Editors call 2016-02-04

Present: Adam, Bernard, Dan, Stefan

On 04/02/16 09:24, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> Overarching stuff
> =================
>
> - Virtual interim: set for Feb 25th 1pm PDT. Dedicated to ICE.

Bernard working hard to prepare.

#313: Adam to ping list, to get feedback

> #307 Add text about Capabilities and features that can only in mode 'off'

Discussion has broadened. Adam has made a comment, waiting for others to
comment. Adam will continue to push.

> Issues
> ------
> #268 iFrame sandbox: waiting for PR from Adam

PR made, has to be reviewed. Adam to ping list to get review.

> #288 Dealing with LC-3019 "WebIDL compilability in template" Jason has
> been mailed, no response. Close soon?

Wait till next.

> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints

PR exists.

> #305: Waiting for Harald to act on
> https://github.com/w3c/permissions/pull/57

Waiting for Harald.

> #311, #312: Reduce fingerprinting, add secure widget: should we just
> close these Issues based on that we've discussed fingerprinting a lot,
> are at a late stage, and should not start to depend on something new
> that is not standardized yet (secure widget)?

Closed with comments.

> webrtc-pc
> =========
>
> Naming alignment with ORTC (see
> https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/issues/369). What should be the
> principle be here?

Naming has already been mostly aligned already. A few remaining. The
policy now is that we don't change in webrtc-pc unless we don't have a
good reason.

> PullRequests
> ------------
> #317, #445: Awaiting action from Ekr, Jesup, etc.
> #434 Async setParameters: Cullen says it is not ready for merge
> #462 PeerConnection.activateSender() - waiting for Peter

Assigned to Dan.

> #463 explicit language about transceivers, MIDs and rollbacks. - dito

The rollback section in JSEP does not talk about transceivers, or mid
being null. The interaction between this and pending/current
descriptions are not sorted either. For the IETF JSEP interim.

> #466 enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream - should Adam take
> this to the list?

For a bigger audience. No description of what happens if active is set
false on a receiver. Adam to discuss enum or boolean on the list.

Bernard to take the functionality question (i.e. active on receiver) to
the list.

> #467 enum for voiceActivityDetection

Adam to discuss enum or boolean on the list.

> #471 enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute

Adam to discuss enum or boolean on the list.

> #472 Update error reports to align with existing DOM Errors

Merged.

#489 optional kind parameter. Pure convenience thing, may not be needed,
people can filter.

#491 error when rejecting invalid SDP. Merged.

> Issues
> ------
> Let's look at them if we get here.

We managed to close a few.