Notes, April 28

Note: No call April 5! (public holiday in Scandinavia)

Den 28. april 2016 15:43, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Overarching items:
>
> - CR request for mediacapture-main sent, likely to cause a telecon soon.
> Chairs' worry.
> - Permissions spec in flux due to renewed interest.

AI Editors: all encouraged to read the permissions doc.

> Mediacapture-main
> =================
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #344 Add [CEReactions] annotation to allowUserMedia ()
> Seems premature - close to get out of the way

Closed.

> #348 Removes sourceType from the document. ()
> Seems simplifying to me. Merge?

Merged. Stefan will file a bug on depth to get them to remove their new
value.

> #349 Use 'originIdentifier' in getUserMedia() steps (issue #339) ()
> Think this is wrong - see parameters to "request" operation in permissions
> (jan-ivar's comments are orthogonal)

Punting until the corresponding API in permissions is stable(r)

> Issues
> ------
> #339 originIdentifier is unused (adam-be)
> Can we delete it instead?

Left hanging with #349

> #346 sourceType not used ()
> Fixed by #348
>
> #350 New permission definitions are wrong. ()
> Discussion ongoing.

List discussion needed.

Additional issue: The HTML5 bug Stefan filed ages ago has been closed
without clarifying everything that needs clarification about attributes
of the HTML5 "track" object. Do we need to move
some of it back into this spec? Stefan will file a bug to remember.

> WebRTC-PC
> =========
> Pull requests
> -------------
> #466 Use an enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream (alvestrand)
> Merge based on list crickets, needs rebase

Asking Dom to merge.

> #467 Use enum for voiceActivityDetection (alvestrand)
> Close based on list crickets
> #471 Use enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute (alvestrand)
> Close based on list crickets
>
> #587 First half hearted shot at #529. (aboba)
> New title needed...

Merged.

> #594 webrtc.html: fix currentLocalDescription and currentRemoteD ()
> Simplifiation?

Merged.

> #595 Fix rtcpTransport description ()
> Looks legit?

Bernard notes that some text is missing. Commented.

> #601 Specify the synchronous and queued steps for addIceCandidat ()

Asking pthatcher to take a look.

> #602 addTransceiver(): Throw a TypeError on a bogus track kind ( ()

Will be updated.

> #603 Add closed state and same state checks to update ice connec ()

Merged.

> #604 replaceTrack: Use sender's transceiver to determine if a 's ()

Merged.

> #606 RTCIceCandidate: Use nullable members in init dictionary to ()

Merged.

> Issues
> ------
Priority issues: #566

> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
Now the way is clear. Bernard will start.

> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the use
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant i
> (alvestrand)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (burnburn)

Still work-in-progress. Needs a clear day (also for filing JSEP issues).

> #369 addTrack's streams parameter is unused. (adam-be)
> #375 true as default values for dictionary is bad practice (alvestrand)

Closed

> #440 Use interfaces not dictionaries (adam-be)

Closed

> #457 Non-normative ICE state transition diagram (aboba)

Asking Taylor for a diagram.

> #517 Clarify ICE consent freshness feedback (aboba)
> #518 PING review of webrtc-pc spec (stefhak)
> #526 NetworkError event is not defined and might not be needed (adam-be)
> #529 MediaStreamTrack clarifications needed(?) (stefhak)
> #542 Server cannot be reached - Issues with IPv6 (aboba)
> #548 RTX/RED/FEC handling (aboba)
> #550 'the process to apply candidate' should link to JSEP (adam-be)
> #551 Errors when identifying a m-line in addIceCandidate() (adam-be)
> #554 We never fire the 'connectionstatechange' event (adam-be)
> #555 Sort out requirements around IdpLoginError (martinthomson)
> #561 Normatively cite webrtc-stats for sections 8.x (alvestrand)
> #562 What to do with an RTCIdentityProvider that returns rubbish
> (martinthomson)
> #563 Undefined 'transceiver' object used in 'dispatch a receiver
> (pthatcherg)
> #565 pc.close() never fires any events. On purpose? (stefhak)
> #566 Separate sender and receiver sets are unnecessary when we h (burnburn)

Rephrase: "getSenders() returns the sender set (internal function). The
sender set is defined as the result of running the following steps:...."