Notes September 3rd

Present: Dan, Adam, Erik, Peter, Stefan (Bernard had not received the
invitation).

On 02/09/15 16:47, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> Overarching items:
>
> Sorry that you are leaving the team Peter.
> Welcome Bernard!
>
> Report from the meeting with Nigel

Nigel needs to use captioning and text that goes along the video. He
means text is media, and thinks it should be supported. We explained how
we got where we are, and what use cases that have driven us, and how we
thought about extensions (like depth is an example of). Nigel can accept
that text could be an extension, but we need to update the spec a bit to
inform about extensibility.

An Issue and a PR is needed. Dan to create Issue and start on the PR.

> Media Capture and Streams
> -------------------------
>
> PRs:
>
> #211 device capabilities: PR updated. Ready to merge?

Assigned to Adam.

> #226 MediaStreamError object:

In Dan's hands.

> #235 Remove static like definitions of attributes and methods: Adam was
> to do one more commit before being done. Status?

Adam to check Travis issue, fix and merge.

#239: Assigned to Harald for review

> Issues:
>
> #118 Practical algorithm
> #127 Timeout/cancellation - still haven't defined the icebox for "not
> this round". Suggest to close, possibly with a "for future study" tag.
> #162 MediaStreamError should not be an interface. Re-opened, what to do
> about it?

Waiting for Anne to respond.

> #189 getUserMedia TypeError

PR created

> #193 Adaptive frame rate
> #198 Device capabilities - see #211
> #212 Privacy/security review - Peter?

Peter will try to make a PR today (on overtime!)

> #222 Groupid is origin-unique - answer is yes, who edits?

Peter will try to make a PR today (on overtime!).

> #225 Track vs sink section 5 - Dan

On the list of work for Dan.

> #227 Overconstrained event handler attribute description - Dan

Dito.

> #230 WebIDL reference - no change

In Dom's hands

> #232 Clone a track - Adam?

Lower prio. Adam to look into using Peter's proposed text.

> #233 MediaStream.active and friends - Adam?

Will be fixed when merging #235.

> #236 API to expose the angle of view of a camera - close saying it is
> for an extension spec?

We have been discussed, and we have decided to defer.

> #237 step 5 in clone algorithm seems confusing.

Dan will comment in Issue - seems not worth changing.

> #238 Some text on constraints needs updating

Dan to take a look.

> WebRTC-PC:
> ----------
>
> Pull requests: 17 (most of them by pthatcher)
>
> Need to decide what's mergeable now, and what should wait for the interim.
>
> #237 replaceTrack - for F2F
> #240 Move certificate management - dan? Or adam?
> #241 *.transport attributes - seems to be little/no resistance, and it's
> prev-meeting-compatible - Adam has sent a PR on Peter's PR to fix a
> respec error. Adam will merge when Peter accepts the PR.
> #242 SyntaxError on malformed ICE candidate - Stefan?
> #256 Fix prose on getStats w/o selector

Assigned to Adam.

> #258 Codec stuff - meeting?
> #261 Ref for ICE Completed - Back to Cullen

Merged.

> #266 Tidy setLocal/setRemote - Adam

Harald should ping Peter and Justin about this one.

> #269 getCapabilities v2
> #270 SCTP Transport objects

Seattle material.

> #271 createRTPSender

Seattle material.

> #272 RTPSenderInit (alternative to createRTPSender)

Seattle material.

We did no get to the remaining ones, most will be covered at the f2f.