Avoid privately-owned PRs

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:47:47 +0100
To: "public-webrtc-editors@w3.org" <public-webrtc-editors@w3.org>
Hi,

As discussed separately, there are a number of cases when we require a
PR submitted to go back and fix typos and bugs in their PRs before they
can be merged; while it isn't unreasonable, in cases where these changes
are uncontroversial, it would be better to update the pull request
itself directly.

This is not generally possible for pull requests that are submitted from
privately owned because in general, only the owner has write access to
that repository.

One way around that limitation would be to change how we use the shared
@w3c repository:
* instead of limiting write access to the editors, we would give write
access to all the "contributors" (i.e. people from which we expect or
request PR)

* we would ask that these contributors instead of making pull requests
from their private repo would instead push their changes as branch of
the @w3c repo and pull request from there

* that way, any of the other contributor can help fix bugs and typos in
these shared branches

* the only drawback is that contributors could mistakenly then push
changes to master and gh-pages; but arguably, that's already a risk with
editors, chairs and staff contacts, and in most cases, can easily be
recovered from. This should probably push us to make these branches
"protected" (i.e. not deletable or force-pushable), but that is true in
any case.

Thoughts?

Dom