Re: Notes, November 25

On 11/25/2015 05:19 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> On 25/11/2015 17:08, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>>> #397 Make degradationPreference per-sender instead of per-encodin ()
>>> LGTM. Merge?
>>
>> Needs rebase. Bernard can merge once it's rebased.
>
> FWIW, there have been several instances where merging PRs have been
> delayed due to waiting for the submitter to rebase; in most cases,
> it's as easy for anyone with write access to the repo to rebase and
> merge as it is for the submitter to rebase, and then have the editor
> merge, and it avoids a round-trip.
>
> I think we should only ask submitters to rebase when the editors tried
> rebasing but the conflict resolution turned out more complicated than
> they felt capable of handling.

I thought you could only rebase when you had write access to the
*source* repo (the one the original PR is merging from)?

We had a couple of cases where the editors tried to rebase something
that came from someone's private branch, and couldn't push the rebased
version onto the PR.

If you have a cookbook, that would be good .... with Git, there is often
a way, but not always an obvious one.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.