Re: Agenda, December 17

On 12/17/2015 02:48 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Last editor meeting of the year!
>
> Overarching issues:
> ============
>
> - Happy holiday season everyone!
> - Should we do a new W3C editors' release as a Christmas present for the WG?
Yes. Dan has offered to push the mediacapture; Adam will do the webrtc-pc.
> - Permission model proposal status
We'll take the proposal up with the editors (one Mozilla and one Googler).

> Mediacapture-Main pull requests
> ====================
>
> #277 Reformat with enforced line wrap at 80 (dontcallmedom)
>
> Dom's problem...
The queue is empty now. Dom's on the case - now it's merged!

> #295 Resize images to fit in 800px width of new TR style ()
>
> Let's Just Do This.
Merged.

> #297 New extension section ()
>
> Looks good to me. Are these two extension points enough to close #244?
Merged.

> Mediacapture-Main issues
> ================
>
> #244 Explain how extensions are to be done (burnburn)
> See #297
>
> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> Sandboxing and the propagation of permissions seems to be a hot topic
> elsewhere too.
>
> #288 Dealing with LC-3019 (burnburn)
> Explaining what the problem is here - kind of relates to the
> extensibility section.
>
> #293 Is there any sense in having defaults for SupportedCapabilit (adam-be)
> Suggest that we conclude that we remove the defaults altogether.
>
> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints ()
> Is there any action left to do here after discussion?
>
> Webrtc-PC pull requests
> ===============
>
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)
> EKR has promised to review over Christmas
No action

> #431 Clarification for getRemoteCertificates() ()
> Seems good now.
Merged.

> #434 Change setParameters call to be Async  (fluffy)
> I think this is OK now.
Missing text to resolve the promise.
Bernard questions the need for the application to be asynchronous - we
found the text that said so in the minutes (but it was not easy).

> #437 Check for closed state in setConfiguration() (fixes #436) ()
> LGTM
Merged.

> #439 Complete security considerations based on security questionn ()
> This is a lot of text. I'd like to review more.
Bernard will review. Others are welcome to also!

> Webrtc-PC issues
> ===========
>
> Assignment needed from #338
>
> #8 Need to add public to RTCIceTransports (alvestrand)
>
> I think this is OBE?
>
> #133 Streams that become isolated generate errors on PC ()
> #140 DataChannel.onerror callback needs an error argument specifi (burnburn)
> #142 "Hold" unspecified (aboba)
> #150 when closing, all outstanding actions are cancelled and thei (adam-be)
> #179 Potentially private IP addresses revealed (alvestrand)
> #227 .mid attribute - random or Null when MID is not present in S (stefhak)
> #230 Add support for WebRTC Data Channel in Workers ()
> #244 set{Local|Remote}Description is underspecified (alvestrand)
> #246 RTCIceCandidate's sdpMid and sdpMLineIndex members (adam-be)
> #253 Assurance that requests to IdP proxy originate from the user
> (martinthomson)
> #257 ICE Candidate should have accessors for protocol-relevant it
> (alvestrand)
> #265 Add Privacy/security review questions (dontcallmedom)
> #286 The "consumer of the session description” conflicts with ter (adam-be)
> #295 Guidance for extending objects vs extending Stats needed (alvestrand)
> #296 Debugging ICE problems needs more info (aboba)
> #305 Describe what happens when media changes (fluffy)
> #308 RTCRtpSender.get/setParameters is underspecified (fluffy)
> #316 Don't use Interface.attribute to refer to properties of inst (adam-be)
> #319 Work through error definitions (burnburn)
> #330 Get rid of RTCAnswerOptions? (stefhak)
> #331 Creating an ICE agent is not defined (adam-be)
> #332 Timing of ICE gathering  (adam-be)
> #335 DOMError is removed from the platform; use DOMException inst (burnburn)
> #336 No definition of "applying an ICE candidate" (adam-be)
> #337 Interfacing between WebRTC spec and JSEP (dontcallmedom)
>
> Work in progress
The task now is to make the generic JSEP references more specific.
Bernard takes over the task. May result in multiple PRs.
Adam will create a guide for contributors - among other things, saying
that you should have specific references. Put it in README.md.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.