Notes, December 3 2015

Den 03. des. 2015 13:55, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Overarching issues:
>
> Proposal: Switch to Echidna for publishing what's now known as "editors'
> draft".
> This would mean that we redirect to the TR links for "this version",
> given our current procedures.
>
> It's not going to happen tomorrow - but we can do it in January, it seems.

Dropping a middleman step seems like a Good Thing. We'll encourage Dom
to get it done some time in January.

> Should we emit new editors' drafts? Media Capture and Streams is from
> Nov 13, and we're trying to finish the bug list (aiming for CR-ready
> before the holiday snooze); rapid iteration of public document seems
> like a Good Thing. Webrtc-PC not so high priority, I think.

Adam will take on pushing getusermedia this week.

> Mediacapture-main PRs:
>
> #277 Reformat with enforced line wrap at 80 ()
> Dom will land this at a time (instant) when there's no other outstanding
> PRs.

Dom will merge this when he can (after this meeting?)

> #281 Add text about User Agent stream updates (fixes #276) ()
> LGTM. Merge?

Merged, merged webrtc-pc

> #284 Clarify that constraint in overconstrainederror is defined i ()
> Seems simple, and allows "constraint" to be omitted.

More precision needed.
Assigned to Dan. Dan will comment in the bug.

> #285 Remove outdated paragraph on constraints in tracks ()
> Oops :-) Good catch.

Merged.

#286 and #287 are wrong. We need to have sequence<boolean> and
sequence<DOMString> in capabilities, and examples should show this.
Closing #287 and commenting on #286.

> Mediacapture-main issues:
>
> #238 Some text on constraints needs updating. (burnburn)
> May be solved by #277. Dan should say "yes, it is so" (if true).

Gone.

> #244 Explain how extensions are to be done (burnburn)
> The Oct 28 comment seems like good text to me. Needs a PR.

Proposed text is sent to list (just before the call).
Discussion on the list is encouraged!
We do not want to be normative about "extend this spec in these ways
only", all we want to do is some guidance on things we know about (like
new constraints).

> #246 track.applyConstraints() doesn't do anything. (burnburn)
> Tried to get Jan-Ivar to do a PR, but he didn't. Others?

Dan will take a look now that extensions are out.

> #248 Conflicting information about OverconstrainedError.constrain (burnburn)
> May be solved by #284.

PR #284 is not resolved. Waiting on that.

> #257 Non-existent constraints attribute in 4.3.2 (burnburn)
> Duplicate of #238. Closed by me.
>
> #267 Permission model for cross-origin iframes (adam-be)
> Active discussion (see #268).
>
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be)
> Active discussion, trying to move to list.

Waiting for input from the heavy hitters (Martin, Justin).
Would be ideal to have # of getusermedia calls that are done within an
iframe (and with/without sandbox attribute?)

The spec change itself is easy.

> #276 Move text about firing add/removetrack events from WebRTC 1. (adam-be)
> Fixed by #281.

Gone.

> #283  Active state spec inconsistencies ()
> So far, most popular alternative seems to be to remove the active state
> change events. Who writes the PR?

Adam will take a stab at a PR.

LC-3019 - WebIDL checker - needs addressing.
Stefan will create an issue and assign it to Dan.

> Webrtc-PC PRs:
>
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable ()
> Stefan, any luck with EKR?

No luck.

> #397 Make degradationPreference per-sender instead of per-encodin (aboba)
> Perhaps Bernard can do the rebase, per our "we'll handle this" policy?

Bernard will rebase & merge.

> #404 Remove 'Events on MediaStream' section (duplicates new text  ()
> LGTM. Removals are easy to review :-)
>
> #405 Add note about addtrack event in 'dispatch a receiver' steps ()
> LGTM.

Merged.

> #407 Bringing back the RTCIceCandidate interface, with 'init' dic ()
> Looks OK to me, but someone needs to review. Assignee?

Adam will review.
We're keeping the simplicity of passing a dict around, but have the
interface so that the event that has it as an attribute work.

> #409 Fix for Issue 329: "none" as a RTCIceCredentialType ()
> Removing the note :-) the credential-type is a non-required attribute,
> so "none" is appropriately represented by omitting the credential. This
> should be obvious.

Merged.

> #410 Fix for Issue 328: RTCBundlePolicy Enum section ()
> Looks good to me.

Merged.

> #411 Fix for Issue 408: Clarify component for IceTransport when R ()
> This is still wrong, given that an RTCIceTransport can be pointed to by
> multiple objects including SCTPTransport objects. We should delete the
> RTCIceComponent part of RTCIceTransport (but that's probably dramatic
> enough that we should revisit the bug).

With clarification, it's OK enough. Merged.

> #414 Define ReSpec processor for cross-reference to JSEP ()
> Seems like a good first step.
> to reference JSEP sections, it seems. I assume (?) the section number
> shows up in the output.

The section number does shut up.
We trust Dom. Merged.

#416 has an issue. Sent back for fixing.

(Note: removeTrack doesn't remove anything. It should have been called
sender.stop())

We did not get to issues at all.