Re: Javascript data types

I agree with those arguments, but I don't think a custom script is a good
solution.

I am fairly certain that the desired flexibility can be achieved by:

(a) Creating a new parent category and making the following sub-categories
of it: Javascript data types; Javascript objects; and DOM objects/interfaces

(b) Setting the form to generate the option list from all pages in the new
parent category (
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Defining_forms#Autocompletion
).

(C) Changing the property type from "enumeration" to "page" and removing
the "allowed values" list

There would probably also need to be some changes to the templates so that
the object type only shows up as "RangeError" and not
"dom/Selection/RangeError" (the full page name).

The net result would be that if you wanted to list a given object or
interface type as the return value of a method, all you would have to do is
make sure that a reference page for that object or interface existed and
was properly categorized.

If anyone with a love of all things Semantic MediaWiki (or a desire to
learn!) is able to make that happen, please do.  Feel free to contact me
directly if you want to bounce around ideas about how to implement it.

If no one else takes control, I will look at it more closely later in the
summer when I start working on the SVG templates.

AmeliaBR