From: Julee [mailto:julee@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 2:09 PM
To: WebPlatform Public List
Subject: Notes from today's infrastructure meeting

Hi folks:

In today's meeting, we focused on the infrastructure items that the CSS properties project is dependent on: compatibility tables, compatibility info graphics, flags UI, stability, script for msdn code examples

---------------------------

Compatibility tables - Doug & Renoir will isolate tasks that need to be done, so we can publicize and seek volunteers with appropriate skills

---------------------------

Compatibility infographics - Although there is always room for improvement, we consider this DONE for CSS props launch.

---------------------------

Stability - is good now, we now can see global health, ID glitches & fix them quickly. We consider this DONE for CSS props launch. (Switching to the new service provider cannot disrupt traffic.)

---------------------------

Script for deleting or converting code examples at samples.msdn.microsoft.com to code.webplatform.org - We don't expect a lot of these to be left, as they should have been updated/deleted/converted during the editing process. But Renoir will investigate how to ID any remaining examples and how to handle them.

e.g.: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/-ms-scrollbar-highlight-color points to http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/samples/author/dhtml/refs/scrollbarColor.htm

---------------------------

Flags UI - The flags UI (as it stands now or in the latest comps) is NOT sufficient for notifying a visitor that the page is not ready for consumption. So, we have modified proposal: one pictograph w/ explanation, flags displayed only in editing form, www landing page should also explain pictograph.

Doug & Renoir will isolate tasks that need to be done, so we can publicize and seek volunteers with appropriate skills.

I will send out a separate email (subject: What do you think about changing the UI for unfinished pages? (no flags, one big warning sign instead)), outlining the proposal. Will you please reply to that with any comments you may have?

Other things discussed: CSS properties project: Julee & Scott to take over verifying pages from Doug. This way, we can get to a list of what still needs to be done.

That's all for now!

Julee
julee@adobe.com<mailto:julee@adobe.com>