Re: JS page templates and topics (analysis)

On 12/25/2013 11:06 PM, Eliezer Bernart wrote:
> /*Prototype*
> /
> /* A basic sample of different prototypes to the object./

I have a change of heart.  It feels that we should not use the word
"Prototype" to describe examples at the top.  While the word "prototype"
in English means one thing, it has a very different meaning in
JavaScript, and we will cause confusion and lots of questions doing so.
Let us use another word, perhaps Example.

Also, I feel we should merge JS_Protype and JS_Parameter since they
contextually are highly coupled  What would you think of this.

BEFORE (simple mediawiki text):

arrayObj = new Array()
arrayObj = new Array([ size ])
arrayObj = new Array([ element0 [, element1 [, ...[, elementN ]]]])

arrayObj: Required. The variable name to which the '''Array''' object is
assigned.
size: Optional. The size of the array. As arrays are zero-based, created
elements will have indexes from zero to size -1.
element0,...,elementN: Optional. The elements to place in the array.
This creates an array with n + 1 elements, and a '''length''' of n + 1.
Using this syntax, you must supply more than one element.

AFTER (three examples, each with their independent set of parameters):

{{JS_Example
| Example=arrayObj = new Array()
| Parameter1=arrayObj: Required. The variable name to which the
'''Array''' object is assigned.
}}

{{JS_Example
| Example=arrayObj = new Array([ size ])
| Parameter1=arrayObj: Required. The variable name to which the
'''Array''' object is assigned.
| Parameter2=size: Optional. The size of the array. As arrays are
zero-based, created elements will have indexes from zero to size -1.
}}

{{JS_Example
| Example=arrayObj = new Array([ element0 [, element1 [, ...[, elementN
]]]])
| Parameter1=arrayObj: Required. The variable name to which the
'''Array''' object is assigned.
| Parameter2=size: Optional. The size of the array. As arrays are
zero-based, created elements will have indexes from zero to size -1.
| Parameter3=element0,...,elementN: Optional. The elements to place in
the array. This creates an array with n + 1 elements, and a '''length'''
of n + 1. Using this syntax, you must supply more than one element.
}}

Some duplication, but since it's highly coupled, it makes it easier to
add examples as independent units.  Like?  Dislike?