From:  Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Date:  Monday, December 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM
To:  WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>
Subject:  Come and try the new webplatform.org server setup

Hi, All

Last week, we told you about the new server setup. We've finished the
configuration, and we need another round of testing before we go live. We
plan to make the final switch to DreamHost on this Wednesday, 18 December,
so we have one final day to do this final test on the various systems.

The new resources are currently indicated by a "2" in their subdomain names,
e.g. "docs2.webplatform.org <http://docs2.webplatform.org> ”.  For just
reading content, you don't need any other special instructions; for items
marked "advanced", you'll need to change your local 'hosts' file to ensure
that you are using the new server (see instructions below).

== Wiki ==
http://docs2.webplatform.org/wiki/

(Remember that the content is from a DB snapshot from 3 weeks ago, so it
won't be up to date.)

Tasks:
* read
* search
* log in
* edit
* create a new page (if you have permission)
* test API (advanced)
* test scripts (advanced)

== Blog ==
http://blog2.webplatform.org/

These are "advanced" tasks:
* read
* edit post (if you have permission)
* create a new post (if you have permission)

== Issue Tracker ==
http://project2.webplatform.org/

These are "advanced" tasks:
* read issues
* search
* create an issue

== Code Editor ==
http://code2.webplatform.org/

* read code
* create a new code sample

== Changing your 'hosts' file ==
For advanced tasks, you'll need to make sure that you always use the new
server, rather than the current production server. To do this, change your
own computer’s 'hosts' file [0][1] to these settings:

[[
208.113.157.162 www.webplatform.org <http://www.webplatform.org>
webplatform.org <http://webplatform.org>  docs.webplatform.org
<http://docs.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.162 preview.webplatform.org <http://preview.webplatform.org>
result.webplatform.org <http://result.webplatform.org>  code.webplatform.org
<http://code.webplatform.org>  talk.webplatform.org
<http://talk.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.163 blog.webplatform.org <http://blog.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.164 project.webplatform.org <http://project.webplatform.org>
208.113.157.169 tracking.webplatform.org <http://tracking.webplatform.org>
]]

== Links ==

  [0]:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-edit-the-mac-os-x-hosts-file-and-why-you
-might-want-to/
  [1]: http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-hosts-file/

Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project <http://www.webplatform.org/>

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/
<https://renoirboulanger.com/#is>   ✪  @renoirb <https://github.com/renoirb>
~