From: jensimmons@gmail.com [mailto:jensimmons@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jen Simmons
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2013 5:45 AM
To: Alex Komoroske
Cc: Eliot Graff; Julee; WebPlatform Public List; Max Polk; Eliezer Bernart; David Singer
Subject: Re: Agenda items for Friday's general meeting?

Hello all,
I'm attaching two pdfs showing a proposed content design for the HTML element pages. I've been designing using real content, so do read what's there and think about whether/not this structure will work with the range of content for HTML.

I wanted to create enough structure to help enforce consistency, but enough flexibility to support the diversity of elements. I also wrote this content with newbies in mind - students, pro developers who still haven't really learned the basics of HTML (sadly, that's a huge number of people), etc. Many of the other reference documents I looked at expect a intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and mastery. I'm hoping this group will agree that our documentation should work for all levels of user - from total newbie to ultimate master. This draft is my first attempt to find that balance.

We'll talk about this in the meeting today.

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker
host of The Web Ahead