CSS help needed!

From: Lea Verou <lea@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:03:21 +0300
To: public-webplatform@w3.org
Hi everyone!

As you might know, I’ve been styling the issue tracker for the past couple of days. It’s pretty much finished now, but there’s still one serious issue I can't seem to solve no matter how much I tried, so I was wondering if anyone could help. Quite surprisingly, it’s a CSS issue.

Steps to reproduce:
- Go to any issue, for example: http://project.webplatform.org/skin/issues/3
- Scroll down
- Notice how the breadcrumbs and buttons overlap the purple box, even though according to z-index they shouldn't. Same happens with dialog boxes (e.g. when you click Resolve).

Notes:
- Adjusting the z-index value doesn't solve it, unless I set it to 0 for the breadcrumbs and buttons, but that would create other problems. Assume the breadcrumbs and buttons can't change.
- Both elements are positioned (absolute or fixed). Even if I set both to absolute and move the elements, the breadcrumbs are still on top.
- Reproduced in both Firefox and Chrome, so it's unlikely to be a browser bug.

It looks easy, but I've tried everything and can't solve it. :( Maybe it *is* easy though and my brain is just stuck, so don't be put off trying obvious solutions first.

Lea Verou
W3C developer relations
http://w3.org/people/all#leahttp://lea.verou.me ✿ @leaverou