Terminology: W3C Web Payments Charter & Global Payments Standards Bodies

Hello all, As editing of the W3C Web Payments Charter proceeds, I
propose that the terminology used be validated against the existing
standards at the 'foundation' level in the payments domain, which is
to say, equivalent to the W3C's role for the Web domain.

UNCITRAL: Model Law on International Credit Transfers
http://www.uncitral.org/pdf/english/texts/payments/transfers/ml-credittrans.pdf

This is recommended to us by the Chair of the organization's Working
Group on Electronic Payments. (See Luca Castellani's note below.)
Regarding his reference to SEPA, here are relevant links:
https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/sepa/about/instruments/html/index.en.html#cards
https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/sepa/html/glossary.en.html

It occurs to me this source would also be useful:
Bank of International Settlements: A Glossary of Terms Used in
Payments and Settlement Systems
http://www.bis.org/publ/cpss00b.pdf

When I can I'll be happy to fit in some cross-referencing, but I'm
occupied with a couple of other deadlines first. To avoid delay, I'll
share these references for use in anyone else's efforts currently
underway.

--
Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations