Re: Web Payments and voucher URIs

Hi Melvin,

Great topic! I like how the scheme is very generic, but maybe at the same
time that's a downside, because how would you dereference
'urn:voucher:12345abcd ...'? Maybe start by base64-decoding it? But what
would you see then, and how would that refer to a party who is willing to
"cash" the voucher? There could be some indication of some account
identifier at some ledger, but for that, you would need some more mechanics
than just the opaque URI scheme. An interesting approach to that problem is
Interledger addresses, for instance.

I would say there are generally two types of vouchers, relational (where
the issuer has some social connection to the redeemer) and anonymous (where
the voucher has a more universal value, against some anonymous "bubble").
If you're interested in peer-to-peer vouchers rather than anonymous ones,
then may I take this opportunity to plug the Network Money mailing list I
started last year, particularly this post in which I concluded that maybe
peer-to-peer money is in the end not really what people want:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/network-money/Z2zAyX1R8Xo.

Cheers,
Michiel.