Re: Fwd: Standarizing ECC seed, HD Wallets and WebID

On 05/24/2016 10:29 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> FYI: this is a post I sent to the blockchain list but I think it may be
> interesting here too.
>
> The bitcoin block chain has a common function where you can derive a key
> pair from a seed, and then use either the public or private key to
> derive multiple addresses.

Hey Melvin, I think you're talking about standardizing Hierarchical
Deterministic Keys (HD Keys)[1] outside of Bitcoin?

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet

If so, Christopher Allen (cc'd, co-editor of the TLS 1.0 spec) is interested
in doing that as well. Digital Bazaar is also interested in doing that
and adding the functionality to Linked Data Signatures.

Speaking only for Digital Bazaar, priority for us is low at this time
due to a number of other customer demands at present... but this fits
into "things that would be really interesting to standardize in the next
2-3 years" bucket for us.

-- manu

[1] https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#Abstract

JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching