Re: WebPos

On 06/21/2016 08:19 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> Just thought producing ontologies for web based POS that is Linked
> Data enabled from barcode to receipt (and linked data related records
> thereafter) might be a good project for web payments CG.
>
> Concept would be to target a product code that can provide sufficient
> information for broader utility using linked-data standards...

+1, very interesting concept. Who is going to champion this?

I can see stuff like digital receipts, invoices, etc. eventually being
picked up by the Web Payments IG and then a WG for standardization.
Especially if we can demonstrate a complete lifecycle.

Note the upcoming Web Payments IG face-to-face Agenda:

https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Main_Page/FTF_Jul2016#Agenda

Covering coupons and digital offers... PoS-related stuff.

JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/