Re: UK recommendations for distributed ledger technology

On 19 January 2016 at 13:29, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It is vital that our key assets – including the Alan Turing Institute, Open
> Data Institute and the Digital Catapult – work together with the private
> sector and with
> international partners to unlock the full potential of this technology.
>
> For government applications, ‘permissioned’ ledgers are likely to be more
> appealing than Bitcoin’s unpermissioned model, because they allow the
> owner, or owners, of the
> data to enforce rules on who is and is not allowed to use the system.
>

> https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/492972/gs-16-1-distributed-ledger-technology.pdf
>
> An interesting read.  I believe Solid [1] should be able to handle the
> vision that this document has in mind, combined with some of the technology
> incubated here.
>
> [1] https://github.com/solid/solid

Also:

The opportunity in the digital environment is to use and create much more
powerful and robust identity management tools that provide authentication
whilst
protecting privacy. One such system is public key infrastructure (PKI)
relying on
a cryptographic standard called X.509

This is something Solid does out of the box already