Re: WebCrypto - In "progress" since 2012

On 04/29/2016 08:02 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:
> Pieces of WebCrypto land in every new release of these major browsers
> and the post you refer to is taking stock of things that are remaining
> barriers to interoperability.
>
> Just this past week, Firefox 46, "Added HKDF support for Web Crypto
> API <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Web_Crypto_API>".
>
> From my vantage point, WebCrypto is happening.
>
> Does the progress disappoint you? Why? What's your rush?

To be precise, it is supported across all major browsers:

http://caniuse.com/#feat=cryptography

Pre-Rec, the final open issues are BER/DER and ServiceWorkers support.
The majority of the spec is usable today.

> More importantly, how is your vague complaining supposed to be in any
> way helpful?
>
> What are we supposed to take away from your message?

Many people ask themselves this. I don't see anything useful that
complaining accomplishes. What would be better would be actual help,
i.e. creating a test-suite, filing bugs, rather than these kinds of
emails.