Re: How would 402 Payment Required work? (was Re: wired - Coinbase Is Out to Build Payments Right Into Browsers)

On 11/18/2015 12:22 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> My point was really that we could avoid another server roundtrip
> potentially.

This is roughly what's in the spec right now:

http://web-payments.github.io/web-payments-http-api/#processing-a-payment-request

... and it does remove a round-trip, at the expense of wandering into a
REST gray area (resources that change wildly based on if you have access
or not to the resource). That may not be an issue for most people, and
it's certainly cleaner from a programmatic standpoint.

blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/