Re: [Payments Architecture] A vision statement for the web payments architecture work

> The second is explicitly calling out the need for the architecture to
> allow payers and payees to make a transfer of value between one another,
> even if they don't have a common payment instrument or scheme. i.e. The
> Web must work like the Web is supposed to and have a mechanism to fill
> the gaps and comment the two.

With this explanaition I understand your idea. But, from my point of view,
in the end, this is making a kind of "P2P payment", which we could consider
as a new payment scheme.

+1 Yes. I wouldn't say it has to be P2P (person to person) it could be a
business or government or any other entity on either end of the payment but
the point is we ARE suggesting that there be a new payment scheme, called
the Web. It will provide the glue between existing schemes so we have a
truly decentralized system as Melvin suggests.