From what I see all examples so far as references, and probably not first-class items in the vision.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 9:20 AM
To: E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl
Cc: jpotvin@opman.ca; public-webpayments@w3.org; public-webpayments-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: [glossary] External data dictionary reference requirements

* PGP Signed by an unknown key

> On May 22, 2015, at 12:27 AM, <E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl> <E.R.Fekkes@rn.rabobank.nl> wrote:
>
> Joseph,
>
> Thanks for the input on the Glossary page.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1.  “existing standards bodies recognized by the W3C”
> Are there specific standards bodies FORMALLY recognized by the W3C?
>
> If so, could you point me to a reference to such a  list?
> (and I will then go look into that to see whether the standards from
> payments such as EMV and PCI are listed there) If not, I would suggest to strike the wording "formally recognized by the W3C”

+1 to striking that. We should evaluate each reference and determine
+whether it advances our work. There may be
different reasons to choose a reference (e.g., we might want to refer to a widely accepted de jure standard in one place, or an emerging specification from a de facto group that clearly has broad adoption in another).

I would think of “Recognized by W3C” as something demonstrated after we create a reference rather than something a priori that constrains how we choose references.

Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447

* Unknown Key
* 0x0ECB09CB
This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.