Re: [Payments Architecture] A vision statement for the web payments architecture work

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 08:11:02 -0500
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Web Payments IG <public-webpayments-ig@w3.org>, Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
To: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>

> Does the IG think payments should be decentralized?

In my view there are a set of things that are so close to the Web that we don’t need to make
a particular point about them in this piece (which should focus on payments). The list of
generally good properties for anything on the Web would include decentralized, accessible, device-independent, etc.

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447