Re: The Payments Architecture within which a Web Payments Architecture occurs

On 14 May 2015 at 18:13, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@opman.ca> wrote:

> RE: The docs you reference, in my mind I'd probably think of as "industry
> patterns"
>
> As in (for example): "Model-Driven Design Using Business Patterns"
> http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783540301547

I'm not sure if that was a question? :)

>From my perspective, the payments work is both almost complete, and just at
the start.  I view the web more like an operating system such as UNIX.
Does UNIX pose systemic risk to finance, should it be overseen by a central
bank, probably not.

Thus, the web has lots of lego pieces that you could use to build payments
systems, which I think of as workflows and patterns.  We are at the very
beginning of putting those pieces together.  e.g. paypal may be an example
of this, should that have regulatory oversight, probably yes