Re: Mobile payments and Connectivity issue

On 2015-05-03 18:48, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Offline has already been solved in the non-Web world where different trust models are applied for different payment instruments. Based on the level of trust a limit is applied to transactions that can be performed online. EG: A platinum credit card is often authorised offline for low amounts whereas a debit card is usually required to go online.

My posting was really about mobile payments performed locally (including the "physical web"), using a mobile-device-based wallet like Apple Pay.

I simply noted that if such a scheme [1] also would require Internet connectivity in the device, it would be a considerable drawback so I end-up with a protocol concept which offloads all Internet operations to the Merchant-side.

Anders
1] https://cyberphone.github.io/openkeystore/resources/docs/webnfc--web2device-bridge.pdf