Re: [Payments Architecture] A vision statement for the web payments architecture work

Dear Adrian,

I note that the IG Chair has issued a call for consensus on the vision
document
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webpayments-ig/2015May/0220.html>on
the 28th May.

I've taken another quick look here
https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/Payment_Agent_Task_Force/Vision

and note that with respect to the 2nd last bullet, '*Enables monetization
on the spectrum of Web to native apps*. Web developers will be able to
integrate payments smoothly into a variety of user experiences on the Web,
including in-app payments, downloads, and subscriptions. This is key to
opening up new revenue generating opportunities on the Web that do not
depend on advertising.'

I might suggest that at the face-to-face meeting later this month that you
consider amending this to delete the tail section that reads' that do no
depend on advertising' if only to avoid unnecessary alienating a priori
this other community.

i.e. In other words I think it wise to just leave it at:

*Enables monetization on the spectrum of Web to native apps*. Web
developers will be able to integrate payments smoothly into a variety of
user experiences on the Web, including in-app payments, downloads, and
subscriptions. This is key to opening up new revenue generating
opportunities on the Web.

Regards,

p.