Re: Flowcharts in SVG?

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have so far relied on PowerPoint to produce nice flowcharts which I
> subsequently converted to PDF.
> However, PDF and web are not ideal companions and bitmaps suck in today's
> world with ultra-high resolution displays.
>
> I have yet taken on this but I'm thinking about using SVG.
> The problem is that authoring SVG sucks big-time and typically generate very
> big files as well.
>
> So I'm considering creating SVG from code to come up with something along
> these lines:
>
> http://webpki.org/papers/flowchart.html

Did you want a flowchart or some other type of diagram?  UML tools
would probably cover everything you could imagine but have a steep
learning curve.  Depending on your use case you might want to check
out blockdiag which supports basic functionality for a number of
diagram types with a simple input text syntax.

http://blockdiag.com/

-dave