Re: [payment agent] Payment architecture feature priorities

On 04/24/2015 10:12 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> On 2015-04-24 15:47, Tony Camero wrote:
>> Why would the the building blocks/protocols for web payments not
>> directly migrate
> > into native apps?  Any native app could certainly meet the
> requirements set for
> > a web payments. It seems inclusive to me.
>
> It is the opposite that doesn't work smoothly, making
> Web(browser)-payments a difficult target for innovation.

I think, at least to start, the browser would function primarily as a
decision assistant and a conduit for ferrying messages between the
various participants in the payment process. That should, in no way, get
in the way of innovation by payment applications, providers, etc.
Rather, it will assist them by letting them function with a standardized
set of expectations. Also, note that a "user agent" or "payment agent"
isn't limited to a "browser", rather a browser is one example of a piece
of software that implements (or would implement) it.

--
Dave Longley
CTO